Sunday, August 22, 2010

My house

So we have to paint our house in the near future; well, not the entire house, but at least the trim.  Plus, we have some serious landscaping issues to tackle.  I went searching for pictures of what I want, and I'm still trying to figure it out.  Here's a picture of my house (3 years ago when we first bought the house) and pictures of various other cottages that have aspects that I like.
My house 3 years ago; white house, grey trim, blue door
I love this type of fence...
I want a window box; and I like this color green trim
I just love the English gardens and the cottage look and I want a porch swing. My porch isn't that wide, so I don't know if I'll be able to work that out, but I want nothing more than a nice quiet place to sit and enjoy my morning. I have an amazing view from my front porch; we have two really cute houses across the street. I sometimes forget that I live in Bakersfield when I look outside.  I'm truly blessed and whenever I pull into my driveway, I still think to myself, "I love my house!"

3 comments:

  1. I love your house too!
    I'm sure whatever you decide will be a great fit! I like the english cottage style as well, especially the plants and shrubs!
    I'm trying to decide what to do with our landscaping. I've been digging around for ideas online too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the English cottage look as well! I think your front yard would look wonderful with a fence of that style! :)

    ReplyDelete